I Spent A Week At Sea WITH STRANGERS
A Week At Sea With STRANGERS | S02E13 Sailing Pivo
IN THIS EPISODE:
1. First time sailing ocean | First time sailing South Island | first long passage | first long sail
2. A week at sea with strangers | Being sailing crew
3. Staying safe female sailor | Crewing sailboat solo female | Solo sailing female
4. Big waves while sailing | big waves while on boat | big waves New Zealand
7. New Zealand sailing | New Zealand travel vlog
8. Sailing South Pacific | Sailing South Pacific islands
9. Crewing a sailboat
10. Sailing with strangers | Boat hitchhiking | Sailboat hitchhiking | How to hitchhike on a boat
SUPPORT THE PRODUCTION:
🤲 Consider supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sailingpivo
💪1-time contribution: https://bit.ly/3fBYBNb
Conor and I were complete newbies to sailing, but we quit our jobs and started sailing "Satori", our 1990 Whiting 40 keelboat, around the coast of New Zealand.
Six months into our journey, Conor was diagnosed with a massive 8cm meningioma brain tumor. For 8 months, we experienced challenge after challenge as an infection developed which killed Conor's skull, New Zealand went into lockdown which postponed Conor's surgery to replace the dead skull bone, and our boat got stuck in a marina several hours away for 5 months, causing half of our belongings to be destroyed by mold. Due to Conor now having a fake skull and being 6'", the boat is now a massive hazard with not enough headroom, and we were forced to sell the boat.
We have no idea what is in store for us in 2022, but it's gotta be a better year than 2021. Thanks for following our journey!!!!
Fair winds & calm seas,
Danielle, Conor, & Pivo
Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!):
#sailing #sailingNewZealand #NewZealand