Is He Really A ‘HERO’???
Sailing Trip Makes Me QUESTION EVERYTHING About New Zealand's 'Founding Father' | S02E09 Sailing Pivo
IN THIS EPISODE:
1. Was captain cook a hero? | Captain James Cook New Zealand | Captain Cook HMS Endeavour | Captain Cook in the South Pacific | Cook's Scurvy Grass |
2. A week at sea with strangers | Being sailing crew
3. Staying safe female sailor | Crewing sailboat solo female | Solo sailing female
4. Sailing female | Solo female sailing | Female sailors
5. big waves while sailing | big waves while on boat | big waves New Zealand | big waves south pacific | sailing in big waves
6. first long passage | first long sail
7. New Zealand sailing | sailing around New Zealand | Sailing New Zealand | NZ Sailing | New Zealand travel | New Zealand travel vlog | sailing in New Zealand
8. Sailing South Pacific | Sailing South Pacific islands
9. Crewing a sailboat
10. Sailing with strangers | Boat hitchhiking | Sailboat hitchhiking | How to hitchhike on a boat
11. South Island of New Zealand | Canterbury New Zealand | Akaroa Harbour
12. Sailing Pivo
SUPPORT THE PRODUCTION:
🤲 Consider supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sailingpivo
💪Or making a one-time contribution: https://bit.ly/3fBYBNb
🥷00Paul SWAG: https://www.thepivopack.com/
Conor and I were complete newbies to sailing, but we quit our jobs and started sailing "Satori", our 1990 Whiting 40 keelboat, around the coast of New Zealand.
Six months into our journey, Conor was diagnosed with a massive 8cm meningioma brain tumor. For 8 months, we experienced challenge after challenge as an infection developed which killed Conor's skull, New Zealand went into lockdown which postponed Conor's surgery to replace the dead skull bone, and our boat got stuck in a marina several hours away for 5 months, causing half of our belongings to be destroyed by mold. Due to Conor now having a fake skull and being 6'", the boat is now a massive hazard with not enough headroom, and we were forced to sell the boat.
We have no idea what is in store for us in 2022, but it's gotta be a better year than 2021. Thanks for following our journey!!!!
Fair winds & calm seas,
Danielle, Conor, & Pivo
Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!):
#sailing #sailingNewZealand #NewZealand